|Position:||Associate-Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL Associate)|
|Qualifications:||Candidates should have a degree in a field related to development and/or management and experience in field research.|
|Location:||Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand|
|No. of Positions:||Multiple|
|Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Closing Date:||February 28, 2019|
|Subject line:||Associate-Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL Associate)|
The MEL-Associate will lead project teams to support State and Head Office (HO) in monitoring, evaluation, research, documentation, and visibility of Udyogini’s interventions, business model, achievements and impact as well as contribute towards organizational learning processes.
- S/he will report to Manager-MEL (at HO) and Regional Program Manager/State Head.
- S/he will intensively consult with manager of various functions (Finance, Operations, Business development, products at state level) in reviewing, modifying and designing of ME & communication systems.
1. Annual Plan of Operations-APO (5% of time)
- Work closely with project teams, Manager –MEL (HO), Head Operations and State Manager-Finance and Administration to develop a comprehensive understanding of programmatic approaches and methods so as to effectively lead Annual Plan of Operation (APOs) process, monitor and identify concerns / challenges in achieving the desired progress against the program or project objectives/ compliance.
- Revise the Log frames of the existing and proposed projects/business plans, particularly in the areas of the objective hierarchy, indicators and monitoring mechanisms.
- Initiate the process of conducting state level pre-APO workshops in state and finalize APOs of projects in the state.
- Lead the project team to track the implementation of APOs, its activities and budget utilization on monthly and quarterly basis.
- Support Regional Program Manager/State Finance to analyze the physical and financial achievements of the project /programs.
2. Monitoring and Reviews (30% of time)
- Develop the overall framework for project/business plan M&E, for example, annual project/business plan reviews, participatory impact assessments, process monitoring, operations/business plan monitoring, performance review and lessons-learned workshops.
- Guide the process for identifying and designing the key indicators for each component, to record and report physical progress against the APO. Also steer the process for designing the format of such progress reports.
- Guide the process for identifying the key performance questions and parameters for monitoring project/business plan performance and comparing it to targets/business plans. Design the format for such performance reports.
- Clarify the core information needs of project/business plan management, the core management team, funding agencies and the cooperating institutions.
- With the project partners, review their existing approaches and management information systems and agree on any required changes, support and resources.
- Undertake monitoring visits to the projects/programs to assess progress against approved Annual Plan of Operations (APOs) as well as Log frame.
- Conduct regular monthly review meetings at state level and quarterly, half-yearly and annual reviews of all projects at Central/national level.
- Document the proceedings of quarterly/ half-yearly / annual reviews in form of review reports so as to highlight the learning’s, strength and weaknesses of each project.
- Submit quarterly/half-yearly/annual analysis of each project to State Head and HO to get suggestions/comments/inputs for possible improvements.
- Work with RPM/State Head to track the implementation of corrective actions suggested and designed by them.
3. Evaluation and learning (20% of time)
- Review the quality of existing social and economic data in the project area, the methods of collecting it and the degree to which it will provide good baseline statistics for impact evaluation. Based on the review of existing data on the area, draw up the TOR for design and cost out a baseline survey and a needs assessment survey.
- Guide the process for identifying the key burning issues, aspects of the projects/enterprise/business development services, design ToR and screen and select internship programs of various reputed institutions and guide students to conduct the studies against the ToR.
- Lead project teams to design, conduct and analyse the baseline/midline/Impact assessment surveys as per the pre-defined organisational and donor requirement in timely and efficient manner.
- Work closely with project teams and HO to identify research cases ((lessons learned, good/best practices, case studies, qualitative progress, success, failures).
- Collection, compilation and analysis of appropriate data with support of project team and prepare Annual report.
4. Documentation and Visibility (40% of time)
- Lead project team for the quality documentation of key interventions, share and make them visible by using website and other social and professional platform, research scalable models and share them with large international and national foundation to build funding partnership for impacting large numbers of women producers in existing states of Udyogini.
- Lead project team for documentation of different program/project, prepare overviews and preparation of communication materials viz. leaflets, case studies, product /project/ program brochures to be used for dissemination to key stakeholders (donors, producers, market players).
- Lead project team in preparation of donor reports and assist RPM/State Head in responding to all queries and clarifications they (donors) may have.
- Collect high resolution good quality pictures and videos to be used in the documentation and for visibility of Udyogini’s work.
- Spearhead in managing Udyogini website, upload new posts on a regular basis, ask people to write blogs and edit them before uploading. Develop and upload new videos on our work for wider visibility of Udyogini’s work.
- Help in preparing draft concept note and draft proposal based on the discussion with the donor.
5. Assist in building competency of project team in (5% of time)
- Develop close working relationship with all project teams.
- Identify training need of project team and design capacity building module and plan for them with help of State Heads & HO.
- Ensure that capacity building module and plan is implemented and the progress tracked so that project teams are able to do their job efficiently and independently.
Qualifications and experience required
- Candidates should have a degree in a field related to development and/or management and experience in field research.
- At least 2 years of proven experience with:
- The logical framework approach and other strategic planning approaches;
- M&E tools, methods and approaches (including quantitative, qualitative and participatory);
- planning and implementation of M&E systems;
- training in M&E development and implementation;
- facilitating learning-oriented analysis sessions of M&E data with multiple stakeholders;
- information analysis and report writing.
- Experience in M&E system design for enterprise development & delivery of business development services;
- experience in technology based data processing;
- experience in building M&E team;
- solid understanding of rural development, with a focus on participatory processes, joint management, and gender issues;
- willing to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders, especially primary stakeholders;
- leadership qualities, personnel and team management (including mediation and conflict resolution).
How to Apply
Interested candidates may please mail copy of your curriculum vitae, including previous experience, together with a cover letter and the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees to email@example.com and mark cc to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com