Details of Activity:
With the aim of diversifying the sources of income, LAC one of the NTFP product is being promoted at grassroots. One day training program was held for producers for promoting inter cropping farming of Lac & vegetables.
Objectives of training were:
- Promoting Inter cropping, Semialata & vegetables.
- Introducing PSCL in Semialata plantation.
Semialata Plant was introduced, as it is leguminous plant, quick growing bush suitable for lac cultivation. The benefits of semialata plantation are as follows:
- Women friendly plant, women can actively take part in cultivation without any help.
- Management of crop is easy.
- Helps in nitrogen fixation of soil.
- Can be raised within a year and ready for cultivation in 2 years.
PSCL(Package of scientific cultivation of lac) module was used for training, which is designed by Udyogini . Following topics were covered in the training:
- Host Plant Management
- Brood Management
- Pest Management
Name of Photographer: Manna Swati Beck